There were a few good points that came out of the conversation:
- Gaussian filtering might produce better results when doing photon gathering.
- Caching photons per surface will produce sharper corners, eliminate unintended bleeding, and speed up photon search.
- I should look into an acceleration structure now that I have random access using textures.
- I should talk to Joe about how to optimize branches on GLSL.
- I should look into Arvo's paper on caching rays on 5D space (???)
- Gaussian fall-off
- Complete global illumination with mirror and transparent materials
- Per surface photon caching (at least investigate)
- Some kind of acceleration structure (at least investigate)
- Interactive user interface, allows user to modify scene
Dec 4 - 10
- Gaussian fall-off for photon gathering
- Photon caching per surface
- Acceleration structure
- Reflection and refraction
- User interactivity
- Final user interface work
- Movie presentation